[Thought] A Letter to Finta


Dear Finta,

First thing first, I want to say that I’m so much thankful to you. I feel so much loved by you. Thank you for saving me. Thank you for putting me above anything that sounds more logical than your final decision. I know, sometimes you like to make verdicts that seem careless and draw criticism from many people, but one thing I believe from you is that you are always fully aware and willing to take responsibility for all your strange choices.

And at the end of the day, that’s fine. We know, regret is our number one enemy so thank you for always have the courage to make decisions. Thank you for not allowing anyone to dictate your life.

Thank you for always listening to me, letting me feel and going through every emotion in my heart. You allow me to feel the ups and downs and never ignore it or sleep it away. I’m so grateful that you never underestimate every pebble on the road we walk.

Thank you for letting me cry until my eyes swollen. Thank you for allowing me to be selfish and not asking me to give in. I love you so so so much that you dare to speak your mind up. I’m so proud of you that you didn’t hold yourself back from anything tangling your heart.

Somewhere along the journey we made mistakes, sometimes the mistakes were so bad and unforgivable, but you apologize anyway. You’re not a coward and you took that blame and you try so hard not to make that same mistake. It was not easy to be in your shoes, but you keep going on anyway.

Thank you for taking the pause phase. I think this is the big achievement of yours that you admit you can’t function and choose to just take a breath and a break.

And what I do really proud of you is that you still believe. Even though you’re angry and super upset, you still choose to believe, to forgive and to let go.

I know it was not easy. I was witnessing your struggle, so every word I said to you is true. I mean it.

Thank you for being someone I can rely on. I’m glad that you are my safest place to become myself. I’m gratified that you always put me first. You never try to please others when you don’t feel like it and you know how to say 'No'.

My dear, Finta, we’re processing and progressing together. This adventure is just for us, only we really know where we are going. Never let the audiences mess it up. You know, they keep on saying they love you. Yes, they truly love you. But I'm the one who loves you the most. I'm the first person who wants to see you happy.

So, never lose faith in me the way I do to you. We’re gonna be a better person together.

You’re a diamond, Finta, you should believe.

And I’m content that I found a home in you ©






Comments