5 Cool Things About Sabrina



My love for Harrison Ford brought me to one of his movies, Sabrina. Harrison Ford, the actor that rarely doing romantic comedy and he did it in 1995. Because it was so one of a kind, I try to find the movie. I cant stop wondering and so curious why Mr. Ford, the Indiana Jones and the Han Solo accepted the role.

I always thought that my love for Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan's You've Got A Mail wont be replaced as my number one favorite movie of all time, and I never expect any other film would be as good as the You've Got A Mail. So did Sabrina. Moreover the ratings were not so good either. Just because Harrison Ford so I came to watch.

And then, I stunned. The movie was so beautiful and dazzling. It has so many beautiful scenes that stuck in my head that I couldn't stop thinking. So memorable.



By the way while I'm still on my euphoria, gonna list fancy things about this move. Gonna spread the virus :)

1.

The Harrison Fords and Julia Ormond's Sabrina version is actually the remake from the original one that produced in 1954. Starred by the legendary Audrey Hepburn! The movie was huge on its era, but trust me the remake as good as the original. Has several parts that different from the original but still dashing.

2. Has its bollywood version too!!!




3. Has real good dialogue and inspired from John Milton's song (1634) and poem that quoted in the movie
Sabrina fair,
Listen where thou art sitting
Under the glassy, cool, translucent wave,
In twisted braids of lilies knitting
The loose train of thy amber-dropping hair;
Listen for dear honour's sake,
Goddess of the silver lake,
Listen and save.
anyway, the poem is about mermaid :")

4. My very favorite scene was when Linus Larabee met Sabrina at the solarium, replacing her brother David. He kissed her and then she slapped him.



5. And there is this scene that has me screaming my head off. It happens after their dinner at a Moroccan restaurant. As they walk, Linus asks Sabrina words to say in French. The last question he asks her to translate is, “How do I say ‘I’m looking at what I want'”? He locks his gaze with hers and Sabrina stops dead in her tracks, holding her breath. She quickly fumbles, “I don’t remember.”

AWWWWWW

Damn cool isn't it? So cool that makes a true-(hopeless)-romcom-queen like me screamed out loud and put this masterpiece as one of the TOP romcoms I've ever watched.

You, cheesy buddy, just go watch it! :) 

Comments